Okay, a few things today. I finished painting the base for my crystal scenery prototype object. I like how it turned out, and at some stage, I'll make a bunch that can be scattered around the board for some crystally alien planet! The crystals are pieces of '40k counters and templates' sprues cut up in varying lengths, then stuck into green stuff, with some small rocks from around the yard also pressed into the greenstuff. The base was then painted codex grey, washed devlin mud, then brushed codex grey. I think it'll look cool having clumps of crystals dotted around the board. Kind of a Command and Conquer: Tiberium feel :)
Next, I added some more blue wash to parts of my tyranid 'furie' prototype - a gargoyle without it's gun cradling arms. I used the blue wash to darken the arm/claw bits that frame the wings, so that the wing details stand out more.
And even more lastly, I've started working on painting up the craters, so once I've got one finished, I'll post what I did with some photos :)