Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tyranid custom gargoyles: 'Furies'

Named after the mythical flying creatures known as Furies ('angry ones'), these are my Gargoyle variations. Basically, I didn't like the idea of it having a pair of arms holding a 'living' gun in its claws. Weapons on Tyranids look a bit out of place to me - I like them having claws and stingers, and I decided for my Gargoyles that the 'fleshborer' weapon would be a kind of deadly spitting attack that shoots out at victims from the monster's mouth. So, I'm not gluing the arms on, and I quite like how the flying creature looks with its wide wings, curling stinger, and pterodactyl like claws.

Anyway, here's my prototype, in my 'mithril washed with blue/purple/red' Tyranid colour scheme. (sorry the photos were a little bit blurry today) They fit great in the two-square-wide corridors.




1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the funny guns.
    Tyranids are looking good, just as well the ceilings aren't so low =)

    ReplyDelete