Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3D wall paint test part 2

When the devlin mud wash dried, the whole thing looked even darker than I thought it would, so I went over it and drybrushed goblin green back on top - leaving the darkened wash in the recesses of the details. I also added some blazing orange to see what the colour would look like for cables and pipes, and added some touches of mithril to see what the metal would also look like on some of the wall details. I think it will work as a colour scheme, but I'll still have to wait until I get the molds and cast some of the pieces, to see how the pieces themselves look painted like that.

1 comment:

  1. Hard to tell from photos with lighting and all that, but I quite liked the dark version =) I do like the touch-ups of the metal and orange too!
    You can make as many aliens as you'd like, my terminators will still massacre them =)

    ReplyDelete