Thursday, February 24, 2011

daylight photography

I was carrying these two figures outside, and discovered just how dark it is inside my place compared to natural light, even though I've got multiple lightbulbs in the roof. So I took a photo in the sunlight. I think it's convinced me that if I want to really 'see' my figures, I might just buy one of those miniatures photography kits they have on http://www.thinkgeek.com/ for taking 'finished' shots of figures. Getting bright, natural light really makes a difference. Or perhaps I'll just go outside on sunny days to take 'finished' shots of figures :) Inside, the green uniform always seems so dark, but in the sunlight, you can see that it's green. I also added some more highlighting to the face of the Master of Ordnance, because I felt his face was still a bit flat painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment